Football at the 2008 Summer OlympicsFootball (soccer) at the 2008 Summer Olympics will be held in Beijing and several other cities in the People's Republic of China from August 6 to August 24. Associations affiliated with FIFA are invited to send their full women's national teams and men's U-23 teams to participate. Men's teams are allowed to augment their squad with three players over the age of 23.
For these games, the men will compete in a 16-team tournament, and the women will compete in a 12-team tournament. Football preliminaries actually commence two days before the official opening of the games (August 8), and last right through to closing day.
VenuesAside from the host city Beijing, football matches are scheduled to take place in four other cities:
* Beijing: Beijing National Stadium
* Beijing: Olympic Sports Center Stadium
* Beijing: Workers' Stadium
* Qinghuangdao: Qinhuangdao Olympic Sports Centre Stadium
* Shanghai: Shanghai Stadium
* Shenyang: Shenyang Olympic Stadium
* Tianjin: Tianjin Olympic Centre Stadium
© Deepthi.com, 2003-2008. All Rights Reserved.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for comments and suggestions.